We’re now in week three of our Student Hero Contest, which runs until April 2 and encourages you to gain new friends or honor your already existing ones. For doing so, you could win up to a $500 scholarship toward tuition.
If you’d like to participate, but you aren’t sure what we are looking for, here’s an excerpt from one of the entries that’s already been submitted. This comes from Stephanie Shirk, who plans to graduate in October of this year.
“I have been attending South University since 2009. Without my boyfriend, Dwayne Van Meter, I probably would not be enrolled at this time. It was with his encouragement and never ending devotion that I have been able to make it this far. I have two children, a full time job, and of course all of my children's activities. I would not have made it without him always giving me encouragement and saying ‘You can do it!’”
To read Stephanie’s full story and to nominate your own hero, visit the Student Community Group in Connections. Here’s how to get there:
1. Log in to your Campus Common from this link. It will open in a new tab.
2. Enter Connections. It will show up in a new window, so your pop-up blocker will need to be off.
3. Click on Departments in the main navigation.
4. Select the Student Community group. (Look for the orange H next to the group name.)
5. Click on Forum in the side navigation.
6. Find the Student Hero discussion and click the question “Who is your hero?” to see all student entries or submit your own.
See the full rules for the Student Hero Contest here. We look forward to reading about your hero!