Join the Student Hero Contest and have a chance to win a $500 scholarship!
Some days it can be difficult to get motivated. You are busy and getting to a computer with internet access isn’t always easy. You have a hundred other things to do, and your studies can slip to the bottom of your priority list. Plus, being an online student can occasionally feel lonely or overwhelming, especially if you’ve been out of school for a long time.
If this rings true for you, creating a support system can help! You probably already lean on friends or family for encouragement, but what about your classmates?You might be surprised how many of them face similar challenges in balancing their personal and professional lives with school responsibilities. It’s good to have someone who understands what you’re going through, and you may find that you can learn from other students and get inspired by their stories. To encourage our students to start interacting, we created the Student Hero Contest.
How to Join (Read the full contest rules here to learn more.)
1. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
2. Set up a Connections profile (if you don’t already have one).
3. Find students with similar backgrounds or interests.
4. Interact regularly with your new connections for one month.
5. From now until April 2, 2013, nominate your hero in the Connections Student Community Group by posting their name and picture along with how he or she has inspired you.
To find the Connections Student Community Group, first log in to the Campus Common. Then, go to Connections, select Departments in the top navigation and go to the Student Community Group.
If you're not sure how to start interacting, try asking your peers how they manage their time, why they chose their program or what made them decide to pursue a degree. Or, share your own story, advice or favorite inspirational quotes.
All participants will earn a virtual badge for their Connections profiles, and you, along with your Hero, could be a winner if your entry is selected as one of our favorites.
• One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a $500 tuition scholarship. Their Hero will also receive a $500 scholarship OR an iPad if he/she is not a student.
• Two (2) Runner Up winners will receive a $250 tuition scholarship. Each of their Heroes will also receive a $250 scholarship OR, if they are not students, an iPod Touch.
Best of luck, and happy connecting!