Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
At South University's Atlanta Off-Campus Instructional Site, our well-rounded curriculum and practical training is designed to prepare you for a variety of entry-level psychology positions. Our interactive courses and labs allow you to explore topics that include psychological disorders, cognitive psychology, personality development, and social psychology processes like conformity, persuasion, group dynamics, and self-esteem.
Earning your Bachelor of Arts in Psychology degree can help you strengthen your communication skills and critical thinking, as well as develop an understanding of the major theories of psychology, the scientific methodology, the impact of cultural factors on the field, and the connection between psychology theory, concepts, research, and clinical application. Along the way, our faculty will be committed to helping you succeed and pursue your goals, whether that means preparing for graduate studies or for one of the many possible exciting careers in psychology.
Disclaimer: All courses for The Bachelor of Arts in Psychology at the South University, Atlanta off-Campus Instructional Site are taught via SouthVR or online delivery.
The BA in Psychology program is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions such as:
- Counselor Aide
- Therapeutic Assistant
- Academic Advisor
- Career Advisor
- Human Resources Administrator
- Case Worker
- Behavioral Intervention Specialist
- Child Care Worker
- Community Organizer
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the major theories and content areas comprising the foundation of psychology.
- Actively engage in the process of critically evaluating concepts, theories, research, and applications in the field.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of cultural factors impacting the field of Psychology according to historical and current issues.
- Develop effective verbal and written communication skills necessary in the field. Specifically, students will demonstrate an ability to write and present psychological concepts including an ability to communicate clearly and effectively using APA style.
- Apply the principles of scientific methodology according to human, social, and applied context.
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of current and future professional issues in the field of Psychology including an understanding of The Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrate an understanding and articulate a need for continued professional growth in the field.
- Understand and articulate the connection between theory, concepts, research and clinical application in the field for current and emerging issues.
Latest News and Blogs
Jun 16, 2021
Join South University in Celebrating the Class of 2021
This Saturday, June 19, at 12:00 PM ET, South University celebrates the Class of 2021 and Class of 2020 with a live virtual graduation event! Join us as we celebrate this milestone in our graduates’ lives.
Jun 02, 2021
South University’s Online Programs Student Ambassadors: A Year In Review
Qualified students in South University’s online programs have the opportunity to become student ambassadors to support their peers and offer valuable insight to the university about the student experience. Check out what this year’s group have to say about their experience!
May 28, 2021
10 Tips to Help You Transition from the Military to College
South University is proud to support veterans in their pursuit of higher education! Follow these helpful tips to ease your the transition from military service to college today.
Mar 03, 2021
5 Tips for Improving Your Productivity When Working from Home
Still struggling to find your WFH groove? Read these tips to improve your productivity when working from home, whether you’re taking an online class or working remotely!
Feb 19, 2021
South University, Tampa Nurses Help Administer the COVID-19 Vaccine Locally
South University is proud to support local Tampa Bay residents by working with Advent Health to help administer the COVID-19 vaccine locally through help from our staff and nursing students to 700 pre-registered Florida residents.
Fill out the form and a representative will contact you today to better understand your academic goals plus answer any questions you may have.
Campuses offer flexible learning formats including:
on-campus, virtual instructions and online courses.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make an impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our counseling and psychology graduates have to say.