On June 19, 2021 at 12pm ET / 11am CT, South University is hosting a live virtual graduation to honor our new graduates from the Class of 2021 and the Class of 2020. Faculty, classmates, friends and family are invited to join us in celebration of our graduate’s work ethic, commitment and accomplishments.
Recognizing Our Graduates’ Achievements
In completing their degree or postgraduate certificate program, each of our students has gained new knowledge and abilities, established valuable connections with their peers and instructors, and reached an important milestone in their personal and professional lives. The education gained at South University will allow many of these students to pursue new careers and enable others to seek promotions, advancement opportunities, and additional education. Whatever they choose to do next, our alumni have what it takes to be critical thinkers, strong communicators, leaders, and lifelong learners. They are prepared with the skills to make a difference in their communities and their careers.
Class of 2021 Highlights
- 2800+ graduates from across our campuses and online
- 1000+ students graduating with honors
- 470+ graduates with a military affiliation
- Representing 30+ South University programs
- From all 50 states, American Samoa and the Virgin Islands
About the Ceremony
For the live ceremony, each graduate has been given the opportunity to submit pictures, quotes, videos, and other personal messages to be featured in the celebration. Graduates have also had the chance to purchase regalia, accessories, a class ring, diploma frame, and other keepsakes to commemorate their graduation. Additionally, every graduate can use the South University 2021 Commencement Instagram filter to appear ceremony-ready!
The 2021 South University Commencement Ceremony will include:
- A welcome address from the South University Chancellor
- Speeches from campus leaders
- Presentation of student awards and honors
- Conferral of degrees and turning of the tassels
- Reading of graduate names along with any graduate photos, quotes, or videos provided
Learn More and Join the Celebration!
Visit our events page today to learn more about how to attend and watch your loved one be welcomed into the South University alumni family. The recording will also be available to view and share after the ceremony. We hope to have you join us in this day of celebration!