Online Family Nurse Practitioner PGC
Online Family Nurse Practitioner Post Graduate Certificate
Providing direct advanced practice nursing services to patients across the lifespan takes specialized knowledge and highly tuned decision-making skills. At South University, the online Family Nurse Practitioner Post Graduate Certificate program can prepare you with the expertise you need to provide care for individuals and families in your community.
This post graduate certificate program is designed for nurses who already hold a master’s degree that prepared them to practice in another advanced nursing role. The online Family Nurse Practitioner program’s curriculum can be completed in as little as 16 months.
*If the student receives a failing grade in NSG6021, the student must enroll in and successfully pass the following four(4)-credit course: NSG6023 Nurse Practitioner Enhancement.
South University, Online Program offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
The online Family Nurse Practitioner Post Graduate Certificate program prepares you to:
- Integrate specialty standards of advanced practice nursing to deliver culturally competent, quality health care services to individuals, families, populations, and systems.
- Exercise effective leadership, critical thinking, and communication skills to develop and implement advanced nursing practice services in Primary Care.
- Integrate professional nursing standards, values, and accountability into your role and development as an advanced practice nurse.
- Utilize information technology and an evidence-based research approach in the development of nursing knowledge and design of health care services for clients, populations, and systems.
- Ensure advanced levels of clinical judgment, systems thinking, and accountability to implement and evaluate evidence-based care for diverse individuals and populations.
Haven’t experienced online learning before or wondering what it’s like to earn your degree online at South University? While the mode of learning is different from the traditional classroom experience with added convenience and flexibility, we hold the same high standards of academic excellence in the online classroom.
South University’s online programs combine a curriculum designed for student outcomes and a classroom designed for flexibility and engagement. Our online classroom learning platform, Brightspace, provides you with a host of features to enhance your learning experience, including:
- Advanced media content
- Personalized navigation
- Simplified online learning atmosphere
- Access to digital books
- Emailing and instant messaging options
We provide more than just an online classroom, bringing a range of campus experiences and services online. In addition, the online classroom is accessible on the go via mobile devices and with tools like the Pulse App. Pulse helps you stay connected and on track with your course by providing a number of features such as course calendars, readings and assignments, feedback and grades, and announcements.
Read more about online requirements here.
Learn More About the South University Program That's Right For You.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our nursing alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our nursing graduates have to say.