Get Back on Track with the
Student Success Grant
South University is committed to providing you with the education you need to prepare for the career you want, and the Student Success Grant can help you get back in class and working toward your degree, with financial assistance for eligible returning students.
> Full-time students may qualify for a grant of up to $3,000
> Part-time students may qualify for a grant of up to $1,500
Recommit to Your Goals
To qualify for the Student Success Grant, you must*:
> Be a returning South University student with a prior enrollment history
> Be accepted into an eligible South University undergraduate program
> Begin classes on or after 02/21/2019
> Have a balance incurred during a prior enrollment(s) and have a financial shortfall in covering this balance after all applicable funding is applied
> Meet minimum GPA requirements (varies by program) at time of disbursement > Have a signed Memorandum of Understanding on file
*See full eligibility and conditions requirements in the Student Success Grant Memorandum of Understanding. **Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
Download a copy of the Student Success Grant Flyer Here.
South University provides a need-based Institutional Grant to students who demonstrate financial need and are attending as full-time undergraduate students. Our Institutional Grant may help reduce your college tuition costs.
Eligibility for the Institutional Grant is determined on these student qualification factors including:
- Have an official Expected Family Contribution (EFC), as determined by the U.S. Department of Education, based on completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the applicable award year.
- The Students’ EFC will determine the Maximum Grant Amount
- Is enrolled in an undergraduate program of study.
- Maintains Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined in the school catalog and be in good academic standing.
- Attends a minimum of 10 credit hours per quarter.
- Maintains full-time enrollment status past the midpoint of the quarter.
Speak with an admissions representative to discuss full eligibility requirements.
The South University Institutional Grant can only be used to cover direct costs of the student’s education, does not carry a cash value, and cannot be used to issue a stipend. Students must have a direct cost financial need to receive the funds. Loan and other aid amounts will not be reduced to accommodate the fully approved need-based award. Students can work with their Financial Aid Office to discuss eligibility.