At South University, we’ve taken the guesswork out of online learning, starting by offering you an orientation course that can help you get going on the path to academic success. This course gives you an introduction not just to online learning, but to university learning in general!
We've carefully crafted a course that anticipates students' needs based on our many years of experience in education and on input from students like you. Whether you're new to online learning or have taken online or campus courses elsewhere, South University's orientation course provides you with a wealth of information to help you succeed.
Within the course, you’ll discover a set of tools and resources that can help you to:
• Manage your time effectively and create a schedule for yourself, ensuring that your education is always a priority.
• Craft your own study space for optimal learning.
• Learn not only how online learning works, but how it can work for you.
• Make sure you have the equipment you need as well as a back-up plan just in case.
• Prepare not only for your day-to-day studies and classroom activities, but also the times in which life may interfere with your progress.
• Understand what’s expected of you as a student, with a specific grading rubric for each assignment.
• Create a SMART path to graduation: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely.
Exploring a breadth of areas from academic resources to time management and study skills, you'll complete the course with not only an understanding of what's required of you as an online student– but also the confidence you need to persevere.
In addition, our supportive faculty and staff—from the tutoring center to the technical support team to the online librarian—will be there to help you every step of the way. Together, your Admissions Representative, Student Finance Counselor, and Academic Counselor will form your graduation team and assist you throughout your academic journey!
Not yet signed up for classes? Watch the classroom demo to learn more about the online classroom at South University!