Program Mission and Goals
In keeping with the stated purpose of South University, the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Program strives to produce physical therapist assistants who, under the direction and supervision of physical therapists, reflect the highest standards of practice and conduct within the profession of physical therapy.
Graduates will be able to:
- Provide safe, efficient, efficacious interventions within the plan of care established by the physical therapist.
- Communicate using effective and culturally-competent verbal, nonverbal, written, and digital communication.
- Provide effective education to patients, caregivers and members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrate the ability to appropriately and efficiently utilize resources to provide high-value physical therapy services.
- Recognize the importance of maintaining competence in applicable areas of physical therapy practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to work within the guidelines and standards established by regulatory, professional, and organizational entities.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Core Values of the profession of physical therapy.
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at South University, Columbia, is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.capteonline.org.