Master of Science in Leadership
Today’s dynamic organizations require skilled, well-educated leaders. South University Columbia’s Master of Science in Leadership program can help you develop your natural leadership qualities and prepare you to effectively lead individuals, teams, and complex organizations. Now offered in our Online + On Campus learning format, our new way of learning gives you the opportunity to learn alongside your peers while still having the capacity to meet the demands you face as a professional. The first week of the quarter is spent in the classroom, getting to know classmates and faculty, followed by an alternating schedule of one week online and one week on campus.
Through faculty guidance and coursework, you can refine your leadership style so that you can more successfully manage, communicate with, and influence others. As a student in the Master of Science in Leadership program, you can develop the business, communication, and problem-solving skills that are needed for leadership roles in public, private, and nonprofit organizations.
Admissions Criteria for the Master of Science in Leadership (MS) are as follows:
Prospective students are required to submit the following:
- Application form
- Official transcripts for bachelor or graduate degree granting institution. (All credentials earned outside the United States must be evaluated by a NACES or AICE-member credential evaluation service). Please speak with an admissions representative for more information.
Specific requirements for admission to classified graduate status are:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Completion of application for admission.
- A 2.7 overall grade point average or higher on completed requirements for the baccalaureate degree, or, an earned graduate degree from an accredited institution with a CGPA of 3.0 or higher.
Applicants with an undergraduate degree CGPA of less than a 2.7, but not lower than a 2.3, or a graduate degree CGPA of less than 3.0, but not lower than a 2.7, will be considered for provisional admission. Students who do not attain a 3.0 GPA in the first quarter will be dismissed. Students cannot appeal the dismissal from the university as a result of failure to meet the conditions of provisional admission.
South University, Online Program offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
Career OutlookThe Master of Science in Leadership program will help you to develop the business, communication, and problem solving skills needed for leadership roles in public, private, and nonprofit organizations.
Upon completing the Master of Science in Leadership Program, you should be able to:
- Assess how individuals, cultures, society, ethics, and psychological principles affect the actions and decisions of leaders.
- Influence others through effective communications that utilize clear, scholarly, and persuasive arguments.
- Critically evaluate qualitative and quantitative data to recognize and solve problems.
- Demonstrate information literacy, including the ability to determine and assess the extent of information needed, critically evaluate information and its sources
- Use information effectively, ethically, and legally to accomplish specific purpose
Learn More About the South University Program That's Right For You.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our business and technology alumni and the difference they make.