Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Administration
South University Montgomery’s Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Administration degree program is designed to prepare graduates to seek employment in a leadership role in the healthcare delivery system. The program is founded with the philosophy that healthcare leaders require strong business competencies and management skills to be successful. The curriculum is designed to prepare students with a sound foundation in business analysis and decision-making, followed by a specialization in healthcare administration.
The foundation courses are designed to provide a firm grounding in decision-making, behavioral sciences, and strategic environment. The MBA degree program core presents a functional approach to the long run and short run decisions that must be made to deliver goods and services. The Healthcare Administration specialization core is designed to provide specialized management and capstone courses specific to the healthcare field.
Graduates of the MBA in Healthcare Administration program are equipped with the knowledge and skills for problem analysis, team and group leadership and the execution of effective solutions in various business situations. The MBA Healthcare specialization is designed for students interested in management careers in facilities such as:
- federal, state, and county health programs
- pharmaceutical companies
- healthcare companies
- medical laboratories
- medical billing companies
- health education and training companies
Choose three of the following:
South University, Online Program offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
After completing the MBA in Healthcare Administration program, you should be able to:
• Integrate and apply business and healthcare concepts specific to structures and governance, finance, and the delivery of healthcare within the U.S. system.
• Evaluate and analyze the impact healthcare policies may have on healthcare services.
• Display proficiency in critical thinking, information literacy skills and knowledge in healthcare-specific research, problem-solving, and case-study analysis.
• Demonstrate exceptional communication skills, including appropriate technological skills for writing, research, and analytic papers.
Learn More About the South University Program That's Right For You.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make an impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our healthcare graduates have to say.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
The following business programs at South University, Montgomery, the Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management, Master of Business Administration and Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs ([ACBSP] 11520 West 119th Street; Overland Park, KS 66213; 913-339-9356; www.acbsp.org).