Master of Public Administration
South University Montgomery’s Master of Public Administration program can equip you with the organizational and managerial experience needed to become a leader in local, state, and national government entities and nonprofit organizations. The MPA curriculum is developed with a range of disciplines in mind to provide both foundational and specialized information of value to anyone pursuing a career in public administration. Beyond exploring the structure of political, social, and institutional systems, the program will cover topics like data analysis, budgeting, ethical decision-making, fundraising, HR and volunteer management, and leadership – all within the context of helping public and nonprofit organizations to maximize their impact and achieve their goals.
Offered in our new Online + On Campus learning format gives you the opportunity to learn alongside your peers while also still having the capacity to meet the demands you face as a professional. The first week of the quarter is spent in the classroom, getting to know classmates and faculty, followed by an alternating schedule of one week online and one week on campus.
Prepare for Your Public Administration Career
South University, Online Program offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
Admission RequirementsPlease see the South University academic catalog for program specific admissions requirements.
Upon completion of the Master of Public Administration program, students should be able to:
- Apply a broad conceptual framework to public administration issues, which will include economic, political, legal and social institutions and processes that affect the actions and decision of political leaders and public managers.
- Communicate clearly, orally and in writing, their understanding of the challenges of government agencies and many public sector problems/issues and the multiple paths for solutions.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork and communication skills in order to build strategic alliances within political and administrative structures.
- Apply quantitative analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate attainment of discipline-specific knowledge and the practical skills to be effective in the field.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our nursing alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our graduates have to say.