Master of Public Health
Master of Public Health
As a graduate of the MPH degree program, you’ll be ready to pursue a variety of public health positions, including:
- Medical and Health Services Managers
- Health Educators
- Community Health Workers
Upon completion of the MPH program, students should be able to:
- Articulate and utilize core public health concepts in the areas of biostatistics, epidemiology, social and behavioral sciences, health services administration, and environmental health.
- Identify and assess the public health conditions, including assets and deficiencies, of populations.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, implement, and evaluate programs and services designed to address public health conditions.
- Understand and employ an “ecological approach” to public health, with emphasis on the linkages and relationships among the multiple determinants of health to assure conditions that protect and promote the health of populations.
- Identify and analyze health disparities and design appropriate and culturally competent prevention and intervention strategies.
- Apply theory and knowledge in field-based settings, as evidenced by a competency level of knowledgeable to proficient across the seven competency domains for public health professionals.
- Analytical assessment.
- Policy development/program planning.
- Cultural competency.
- Community dimension of practice.
- Basic public health sciences.
- Financial planning and management.
- Leadership and systems thinking.
- Demonstrate skills in public health research and communication.
- Apply critical thinking skills within the context of public health policy, practice, and research.
Latest News and Blogs
Aug 13, 2021
Alumni Spotlight: Master of Public Health --Dedra Simmons
Learn how South University helped prepare three-time graduate Dedra Simmons to strengthen healthcare facilities and organizations while promoting and protecting health equity for all.
Jul 23, 2021
Public Health Student Participates in Nationally Funded Research
Deangelo Mahone- Public Health Student
Jun 16, 2021
Join South University in Celebrating the Class of 2021
This Saturday, June 19, at 12:00 PM ET, South University celebrates the Class of 2021 and Class of 2020 with a live virtual graduation event! Join us as we celebrate this milestone in our graduates’ lives.
Jun 02, 2021
South University’s Online Programs Student Ambassadors: A Year In Review
Qualified students in South University’s online programs have the opportunity to become student ambassadors to support their peers and offer valuable insight to the university about the student experience. Check out what this year’s group have to say about their experience!
May 28, 2021
10 Tips to Help You Transition from the Military to College
South University is proud to support veterans in their pursuit of higher education! Follow these helpful tips to ease your the transition from military service to college today.
Fill out the form and a representative will contact you today to better understand your academic goals plus answer any questions you may have.
Campuses offer flexible learning formats including:
on-campus, virtual instructions and online courses.
Success! Your request was submitted. We'll be in touch soon!
In the meantime, you can view some of our FAQs
If you want to talk to an admissions representative ASAP, please contact us at 1-888-444-3404
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our nursing alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our graduates have to say.