Skip To Content

CEO, Owner, and Practitioner at Beyond Health Group in Statesboro, GA, South University’s online programs graduate Nancy Hurlock, DNP, AGPCNP-BC, is committed to providing patients with exceptional comprehensive services right in their own homes. Nancy specializes in home-based primary care, geriatric care, and transitional care. She earned her Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner in 2014 and her Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) in 2020 at South University’s online programs.

Nancy Hurlock

“When I decided to pursue my nurse practitioner degree I researched universities that offered flexible learning platforms for the working individual,” she says. “South University had great reviews and offered a great opportunity to meet my goals.”

When Nancy started her MSN program, she had been an RN for 10 years and was working in an administrative role. Her focus had always been in community health as a home health nurse. “I saw the need for increasing health care options for those in the home setting,” she says. “Becoming an Advanced Practice Nurse was especially important to me because I wanted to be able to address the needs of the patient population I had been working with (which was older adults who were homebound and often had limited mobility).”

Once she became a nurse practitioner, Nancy was equipped to offer primary care to those who could not leave their homes. She opened Beyond Health Group in 2018. For all new patients to her practice, Nancy starts with an in-home health assessment to review their individual health needs, medication concerns, and lifestyle preferences. From there, she creates a plan of care customized for that individual’s needs, working closely with and answering questions from the patient and their family the entire time.

As a student in both her MSN and DNP programs, Nancy appreciated that South University’s curriculum was based on practice guidelines and encouraged her as a learner to draw on her own past and current experiences. The faculty and staff members she interacted with were also very supportive. “They work with you to ensure that you stay on track,” she says. “At South University, the support is there. You have all the resources available to make you successful with your studies.”

“I am so proud of my experience at South University. I have been able to bring my clinical, administrative and leadership experience in home and community health and earn an Advanced Practice Nursing degree and ultimately my Doctorate of Nursing Practice,” she reflects. “My goal is to continue learning and being an advocate for home-based primary care, the older adult and the benefits of nurse practitioners. South University has prepared me to do so.”

Interested in enhancing your career? Learn how to get started.

Explore our nursing programs or our many other degree programs to find one that fits your goals. You can also complete our request information form to learn more and speak with a South University representative about your interests!

Share your South University alumni story!

Would you like to see your accomplishments featured? This is your chance! Log in to our Alumni Site and click Share Your Story in the Alumni Success section.