Master of Science
Master of Science in Accounting Program
Admissions criteria for the Master of Science in Accounting (MS) Program are as follows:
Prospective students are required to submit the following:
- Application form
- Official transcripts for bachelor or graduate degree granting institution. (All credentials earned outside the United States must be evaluated by a NACES or AICE-member credential evaluation service). Please speak with an admissions representative for more information.
Specific requirements for admission to classified graduate status are:
- Completion of application for admission,
- An earned undergraduate accounting degree from an acceptable accredited institution with a CGPA of 2.7 or better on a 4.0 scale
Applicants with an undergraduate degree CGPA of less than a 2.7, but not lower than a 2.3, or a graduate degree CGPA of less than 3.0, but not lower than a 2.7, will be considered for provisional admission. Students who do not attain a 3.0 GPA in the first quarter will be dismissed. Students cannot appeal the dismissal from the university as a result of failure to meet the conditions of provisional admission.
South University, Online Program Offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
Upon completion of the MSA program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and application of accounting, auditing, and taxation principles in a variety of business settings
- Apply critical analysis skills to apply contemporary accounting principles and practices to the decisions faced by evolving business organizations
- Integrate knowledge, principles, and professional viewpoints throughout the accounting and business subject domains to articulate innovative solutions to organizational challenges
- Critique and apply the concepts, principles, and methods gleaned from professional and academic accounting research to challenges in the accounting profession
- Demonstrate ethical perspectives, values, and professional responsibilities required in the accounting profession
Haven’t experienced online learning before or wondering what it’s like to earn your degree online at South University? While the mode of learning is different from the traditional classroom experience with added convenience and flexibility, we hold the same high standards of academic excellence in the online classroom.
South University’s online programs combine a curriculum designed for student outcomes and a classroom designed for flexibility and engagement. Our online classroom learning platform, Brightspace, provides you with a host of features to enhance your learning experience, including:
- Advanced media content
- Personalized navigation
- Simplified online learning atmosphere
- Access to digital books
- Emailing and instant messaging options
We provide more than just an online classroom, bringing a range of campus experiences and services online. In addition, the online classroom is accessible on the go via mobile devices and with tools like the Pulse App. Pulse helps you stay connected and on track with your course by providing a number of features such as course calendars, readings and assignments, feedback and grades, and announcements.
Read more about online requirements here.
Preparing For CPA Exam
When combined with a completed bachelor’s degree, the accounting and business coursework in the MS in Accounting online program may qualify you to take the Certified Public Accounting Examination. All students should familiarize themselves with the specific candidacy requirements of the State Board of Accountancy in the particular state in which they wish to take the CPA examination.
South University does not guarantee third-party certification/licensure. Outside agencies control the requirements for taking and passing certification/licensing exams and are subject to change without notice to South University.
Learn More About the South University Program That's Right For You.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our business and technology alumni and the difference they make.