Doctor of Business Administration
Focusing on teaching, scholarship, and service, the online DBA program not only mirrors the performance criteria for faculty in higher education, but also ultimately prepares you to make important contributions within the academic and professional business communities.
*Residency Required for Fully Online Students Only
(may be repeated using course code BUS8100E 4 credit hours)
(may be repeated using course code BUS8105E 4 credit hours)
(may be repeated using course code BUS8110E 4 credit hours)
(may be repeated using course code BUS8115E 4 credit hours)
(may be repeated using course code BUS8120E 4 credit hours)
*Refer to the DBA Progressions Policy
South University, Online Program Offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
Upon completing your dissertation and the entire Doctor of Business Administration Online program, you should be able to:
- Apply critical thinking skills to analyze and apply contemporary theory within their discipline and make contributions to the business administration knowledge base.
- Comprehend and apply the concepts, principles, and methods of researching business topics, and develop research designs using scientific investigation and systematic inquiry in an area of management. Emphasis will be placed upon directing research for peer reviewed journals, business practices, and consulting assignments.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and practice of teaching and managing courses in higher education.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication related to the academic and professional environment. Students will demonstrate these skills in their coursework, instructional activities, and the dissertation.
The Doctor of Business Administration online program is built to prepare you to:
- Seek faculty positions in academic institutions
- Pursue advancement in positions of executive or senior management responsibility
- Engage in business and management consulting roles
Haven’t experienced online learning before or wondering what it’s like to earn your degree online at South University? While the mode of learning is different from the traditional classroom experience with added convenience and flexibility, we hold the same high standards of academic excellence in the online classroom.
South University’s online programs combine a curriculum designed for student outcomes and a classroom designed for flexibility and engagement. Our online classroom learning platform, Brightspace, provides you with a host of features to enhance your learning experience, including:
- Advanced media content
- Personalized navigation
- Simplified online learning atmosphere
- Access to digital books
- Emailing and instant messaging options
We provide more than just an online classroom, bringing a range of campus experiences and services online. In addition, the online classroom is accessible on the go via mobile devices and with tools like the Pulse App. Pulse helps you stay connected and on track with your course by providing a number of features such as course calendars, readings and assignments, feedback and grades, and announcements.
Read more about online requirements here.
Learn More About the South University Program That's Right For You.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our business and technology alumni and the difference they make.