Online Programs Admissions
How to apply
The admissions team for South University’s online programs makes the application process as simple as possible so you can start working toward your degree online right away. Our admissions representatives are here to help you choose the right program, answer your questions and guide you through a simple three-step process.
Get started by calling 888-444-3404 to speak with an Admissions Representative or filling out our Request Information form here.
- An admissions representative will review South University’s online degree programs with you, provide an overview of the admissions process, and help you complete the application process. They’ll also explain any requirements specific to your chosen program and give you a preview of what to expect as an online student. Apply Now
A student finance counselor will work with you to explore your financing options and qualifications and to develop a payment plan specific to your needs.
Technical Requirements for Online Learning
PC: Users should have systems with the following specifications: Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor, Windows 7 with SP 1, 4 GB RAM, 30 GB available hard disk space recommended. 1280x800 display (1280x1024 recommended) with 16-bit color, 512 MB VRAM, OPENGL 2.0-capable system and DVD-ROM drive compatible with dual layer DVDs.
MAC: Users should have systems with the following specifications: Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support, *Mac OS X v. 10.7 or higher, 4 GB RAM, #) GB available hard disk space recommended, 1280x800 display (1280x1024 recommended) with 16-bit color, 256 MB VRAM, DVD-ROM drive compatible with dual-layers DVDs and OpenGL 2.0-capable system. *For brands/institutions offering design programs only: Mac Users must a minimum of OS 10.7 in order to run Adobe Creative Cloud. *Students are not required to purchase hardware, software, or any other school-related products from Journey Ed.
An Internet connection speed of 256K is required; 1 Mbps or greater is recommended.
Windows Users: The two latest releases of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
Mac Users: The two latest releases of Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
How Can We Help?
Flexible Online Experience
With South University’s online programs, you
can take classes according to your schedule, not ours. Learn more about our immersive online learning experience and support services.
Readmission and Transfer Students
Transferring credit or returning to finish an
academic program is both exciting and daunting. South University wants to see you succeed, so we’re here to help you take the first step to pursuing your professional goals.
Learn more about how South University proudly
offers educational opportunities for military members and veterans who have honorably served and their families.
Learning Online at South University
Interacting with your peers and classmates is an important part of the online learning experience at South University. As a student, you’ll have many opportunities to connect inside and outside the classroom with peers who can offer you educational and emotional support that contributes to your overall success. Inside the online Campus Common – where you’ll access your online classroom, you’ll also find a calendar with details about all the latest online events students can attend. Once you graduate, you’ll also be able to stay connected with the South University family through our Alumni Connections site!
Each graduation team is made up of three people working together to make sure you have the support you need during your entire time as a student.
- Admissions Representative: Your Admissions Representative will assist you in finding the right program for your goals, understanding the admissions process and starting your South University application.
- Academic Counselor: Your Academic Counselor will answer questions about your chosen degree program and work to ensure your academic experience is the best that it can be.
- Finance Aid Advisor: Your Finance Aid Advisor will help you explore your options for funding your education and be your first point of contact regarding student finances.
Resources and Support
South University is committed to providing each of our online students with access to the resources and support you need to earn your degree and to work toward advancing your career. We provide a wide range of services and resources to help you including:
- Live technology support is available by phone Monday through Saturday, from 8am to 10pm ET. The ticket system for students is available 24/7
- Extensive online library databases, research guides, and more
- A librarian available to answer questions and offer research support
- Academic advising and on-demand tutoring
- Career services to help you pursue your professional goals
In all of our online courses, our friendly, supportive faculty will provide helpful guidance and feedback, start and facilitate course discussions, answer your questions about course topics and learning materials, and work with you one-on-one to help you learn and grow. Many of our faculty have also worked in the fields they teach and bring their real-world, relevant experience to the classroom, helping you to gain a more informed and well-rounded understanding of the subjects you study.*
*Credentials and experience levels vary by faculty and instructors.
To learn more about South University’s online programs, call us at 888.444.3404, request information below to have an admissions representative contact you, or click the Chat Live icon to speak with an available representative.
Fill out the form and a representative will contact you today to better understand your academic goals plus answer any questions you may have.
Campuses offer flexible learning formats including:
on-campus, virtual instructions and online courses.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make an impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our Online students have to say.