Master of Science in Information Systems
At South University Tampa, the Master of Science in Information Systems program is built to be a technology-focused degree that teaches you how to manage information and technology in the modern age of information. Offered in our new Online + On Campus learning format, you will have the opportunity to learn alongside your peers while still having the capacity to meet the demands you face as a professional. The first week of the quarter is spent in the classroom, getting to know classmates and faculty, followed by an alternating schedule of one week online and one week on campus.
Whether your background is primarily in business or technology, this Information Systems program can prepare you to seek career enhancement and leadership opportunities. The curriculum covers key technology areas like information systems in converged networks, modern software development methodologies, business intelligence, governance, information security, and emerging technologies.
Admissions Criteria for the Master of Science in Information Systems (MS) are as follows:
Prospective students are required to submit the following:
- Application form
- Official transcripts for bachelor or graduate degree granting institution. (All credentials earned outside the United States must be evaluated by a NACES or AICE-member credential evaluation service). Please speak with an admissions representative for more information.
Specific requirements for admission to classified graduate status are:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Completion of application for admission.
- A 2.7 overall grade point average or higher on completed requirements for the baccalaureate degree, or, an earned graduate degree from an accredited institution with a CGPA of 3.0 or higher.
Applicants with an undergraduate degree CGPA of less than a 2.7, but not lower than a 2.3, or a graduate degree CGPA of less than 3.0, but not lower than a 2.7, will be considered for provisional admission. Students who do not attain a 3.0 GPA in the first quarter will be dismissed. Students cannot appeal the dismissal from the university as a result of failure to meet the conditions of provisional admission.
Master of Science in Information Systems Program
As determined by the Program Director or Chair, students with a non-technical degree or lacking IT-related experience are required to successfully complete MIS5010 Information Technology Infrastructure, with a "C" or better. Students must enroll in the course within the first two quarters of their admission to the University. The course is designed to provide students with a required knowledge base of emerging trends in information systems, how information systems work, and how to manage IT infrastructures.
Required knowledge base or foundational undergraduate course credits do not count towards the total number of credits for graduation nor do they count in the Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA); however, they do count in determining the maximum time frame (MTF) and the Incremental Completion Rate (ICR). Student must achieve a "C" or better within three attempts or will be academically dismissed from the University.
South University, Online Program offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
Upon finishing your degree, you should be able to:
- Understand how information systems impact business operations and decision-making, and demonstrate an ability to design, develop, analyze, and modify information systems to meet specific business needs.
- Communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, an understanding of methodologies to identify, assess, and implement information systems.
- Demonstrate discipline-specific knowledge in the following areas: business intelligence, data management, information systems management, information security and risk management, and project management.
Learn More About the South University Program That's Right For You.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our business and technology alumni and the difference they make.