Master of Science in Leadership
Through faculty guidance and coursework, you can refine your leadership style so that you can more successfully manage, communicate with, and influence others. As a student in the Master of Science in Leadership program, you can develop the business, communication, and problem-solving skills that are needed for leadership roles in public, private, and nonprofit organizations.
Admissions Criteria for the Master of Science in Leadership (MS) are as follows:
Prospective students are required to submit the following:
- Application form
- Official transcripts for bachelor or graduate degree granting institution. (All credentials earned outside the United States must be evaluated by a NACES or AICE-member credential evaluation service). Please speak with an admissions representative for more information.
Specific requirements for admission to classified graduate status are:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Completion of application for admission.
- A 2.7 overall grade point average or higher on completed requirements for the baccalaureate degree, or, an earned graduate degree from an accredited institution with a CGPA of 3.0 or higher.
Applicants with an undergraduate degree CGPA of less than a 2.7, but not lower than a 2.3, or a graduate degree CGPA of less than 3.0, but not lower than a 2.7, will be considered for provisional admission. Students who do not attain a 3.0 GPA in the first quarter will be dismissed. Students cannot appeal the dismissal from the university as a result of failure to meet the conditions of provisional admission.
Career OutlookThe Master of Science in Leadership program will help you to develop the business, communication, and problem solving skills needed for leadership roles in public, private, and nonprofit organizations.
Offered at Columbia, Montgomery, Online Programs, Savannah and Virginia Beach.
Note: Not all Online Program offerings are available to residents of all U.S. states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
The Master of Science in Leadership degree program is designed to provide students the opportunity to develop skills in leadership, communication, problem solving and teamwork for use in a broad range of organizations. These skills are critical for successfully managing and leading organizations in today's dynamic organizational environment.
The Master of Science in Leadership program is delivered in two modalities: fully online and blended. Students enrolled in the blended modality meet face-to-face in the classroom and asynchronously online on alternating weeks over the 11-week quarter.
The 12-course (48 credit hours) program is designed for experienced professionals seeking to advance in their careers and for individuals with limited professional experience seeking to develop skills that can prepare them to seek employment managing and leading individuals, teams, departments and organizations.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates will be able to:
- Assess how individuals, cultures, society, ethics, and psychological principles affect the actions and decisions of leaders as they influence individual and organizational stakeholders.
- Influence others through effective communication skills that present clear, scholarly, and persuasive arguments.
- Apply critical thinking to examine qualitative and quantitative data, including evaluation and synthesis of data for problem recognition and problem solving.
- Demonstrate information literacy, including the ability to determine the extent of information needed, assess the needed information, evaluate information and its sources critically, and use information effectively, ethically, and legally to accomplish a specific purpose.
Latest News and Blogs
Sep 10, 2021
Alumni Spotlight: Bachelor of Business Administration
See why Yulan Grant decided to pursue not one but two business degrees at South University and why online learning was the right choice for her life.
Jun 16, 2021
Join South University in Celebrating the Class of 2021
This Saturday, June 19, at 12:00 PM ET, South University celebrates the Class of 2021 and Class of 2020 with a live virtual graduation event! Join us as we celebrate this milestone in our graduates’ lives.
Jun 02, 2021
South University’s Online Programs Student Ambassadors: A Year In Review
Qualified students in South University’s online programs have the opportunity to become student ambassadors to support their peers and offer valuable insight to the university about the student experience. Check out what this year’s group have to say about their experience!
May 28, 2021
10 Tips to Help You Transition from the Military to College
South University is proud to support veterans in their pursuit of higher education! Follow these helpful tips to ease your the transition from military service to college today.
Fill out the form and a representative will contact you today to better understand your academic goals plus answer any questions you may have.
Campuses offer flexible learning formats including:
on-campus, virtual instructions and online courses.
Success! Your request was submitted. We'll be in touch soon!
In the meantime, you can view some of our FAQs
If you want to talk to an admissions representative ASAP, please contact us at 1-888-444-3404
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our business and technology alumni and the difference they make.