Master of Healthcare Administration
Master of Healthcare Administration
Admissions Criteria for the Master of Healthcare Administration are as follows:
Prospective students are required to submit the following:
- Application form
- Official transcripts for bachelor or graduate degree granting institution. (All credentials earned outside the United States must be evaluated by a NACES or AICE-member credential evaluation service). Please speak with an admissions representative for more information.
Specific requirements for admission to classified graduate status are:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Completion of application for admission.
- A 2.7 overall grade point average or higher on completed requirements for the baccalaureate degree, or, an earned graduate degree from an accredited institution with a CGPA of 3.0 or higher.
Applicants with an undergraduate degree CGPA of less than a 2.7, but not lower than a 2.3, or a graduate degree CGPA of less than 3.0, but not lower than a 2.7, will be considered for provisional admission. Students who do not attain a 3.0 GPA in the first quarter will be dismissed. Students cannot appeal the dismissal from the university as a result of failure to meet the conditions of provisional admission.
Master of Healthcare Administration students have many avenues to consider upon graduation. Whether it’s a leadership role in a healthcare facility, or the manager of a wellness program, our students can finish the MHA program prepared to pursue whichever position they choose within the industry.
Within this industry, there is a demand for healthcare professionals. Job growth for Medical and Health Services Managers is projected to be 20% from 2016-2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Here are a few careers that our students consider:
- Clinical Director: Through creating effective policies and overseeing implementation as a manager, clinical directors improve the quality of healthcare offered to patients.
- Mental Health Program Manager: Also known as behavioral health program directors, these individuals help implement specific programs within public and private mental health facilities.
- Practice Administrator: The responsibility of a Practice Administrator is to oversee various elements within a medical facility. One of those tasks is ensuring departments are properly staffed
South University, Online Program Offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
Offered at South University, Online Programs; South University, Austin; South University, Savannah; and South University, West Palm Beach
The Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) degree program at South University is designed to prepare students from a variety of backgrounds to seek employment in healthcare management and leadership upon graduation. The 12-course (48 credits) program is founded with the philosophy that healthcare leaders require strong competencies in both healthcare and management to be successful. Specifically competencies are addressed in contemporary healthcare management and leadership strategies, present healthcare systems and organizations, policy evaluation and planning techniques, financial management, and business operations. The curriculum is designed to provide students with a sound foundation in solving the problems of today's health systems, a greater understanding of management issues and to prepare them to seek employment in middle and senior management roles in health administration of hospitals and other health services organizations, as well as the private and public health infrastructure.
The Master of Healthcare Administration program is delivered in two modalities: fully online and blended. Students enrolled in the blended modality meet face-to-face in the classroom and asynchronously online on alternating weeks over the 11-week quarter.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates will be able to:
- Interpret the knowledge in healthcare management principles and content specific to finance, economics, strategy, human resources, information management, and ethics.
- Evaluate the impact of healthcare policy and law on the delivery and services provided by the industry
- Integrate market research with strategic planning in healthcare, evaluating a wide array of business processes and tools in healthcare operations management.
- Assess managerial and leadership challenges in healthcare
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate and present information that is concise, clear, organized, supported, and persuasive in a professional manner appropriate to the healthcare industry.
Join South University in Celebrating the Class of 2021
This Saturday, June 19, at 12:00 PM ET, South University celebrates the Class of 2021 and Class of 2020 with a live virtual graduation event! Join us as we celebrate this milestone in our graduates’ lives.
June 16, 2021Read More
10 Tips to Help You Transition from the Military to College
South University is proud to support veterans in their pursuit of higher education! Follow these helpful tips to ease your the transition from military service to college today.
May 28, 2021Read More
5 Tips for Improving Your Productivity When Working from Home
Still struggling to find your WFH groove? Read these tips to improve your productivity when working from home, whether you’re taking an online class or working remotely!
March 3, 2021Read More
South University, Richmond's Master in Science of Physician Assistant program receives ARC-PA extension for 10 more years
For Immediate Release: South University, Richmond’s Master in Science for Physician Assistant program has been granted Accreditation-Continued status by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA)
March 31, 2021Read More
South University, West Palm Beach Welcomes Inaugural PA class
South University is proud to announce the launch of a new Master of Science in Physician Assistant (“MSPA”) program at the West Palm Beach campus located in Royal Palm Beach, Florida.
February 22, 2021Read More
South University, Tampa Nurses Help Administer the COVID-19 Vaccine Locally
South University is proud to support local Tampa Bay residents by working with Advent Health to help administer the COVID-19 vaccine locally through help from our staff and nursing students to 700 pre-registered Florida residents.
February 19, 2021Read More
Fill out the form and a representative will contact you today to better understand your academic goals plus answer any questions you may have.
Campuses offer flexible learning formats including:
on-campus, virtual instructions and online courses.
We're committed to helping our graduates make an impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our healthcare graduates have to say.