Greetings to my fellow veterans and students! My name is Raymond Carter, and I am the President of the Student Veterans of America (SVA) Chapter at South University. I'm writing to tell you about the importance of this club and why you should consider joining.
The SVA is designed to support active military personnel and veterans as well as their families and surrounding communities. We are a registered chapter of the national Student Veterans of America, and if you are interested in becoming a member, we would love to have you.
Together, we strive to:
• Serve the community - especially active military personnel, veterans and their families - through volunteering and fundraising events.
• Advocate for and raise awareness to the general public about issues important to active military personnel, veterans and their families.
• Provide information to veterans about their benefits as well as related governmental policies and procedures.
• Help veterans find other support groups outside South University.
• Provide a place for active military, veterans, and military dependent students at South University to meet and support each other.
From 1981-1987, I spent six years in the U.S. Army as an Airborne Field Artillery Cannoneer and served one tour of duty in a hot zone in Germany close to the border during the Cold War. My specialty was a Pan-Tel Operator on an M-110 Howitzer. Currently I am a Certified Paralegal (CPA) and now am pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Legal Studies, and I'd like to get know the rest of you at South University.
This organization is our chance to support and help one another to achieve our goals in school. Check out our Organization in Connections and join us. I look forward to meeting each of you!
Chapter President of Student Veterans of America
South University, Online Program