There’s no denying it ─ 2014 was a great year at South University. We’re looking forward to many exciting things ahead in 2015, but we want to take a minute to recap the highlights of this wonderful year!
Business Programs Received the Accreditation Council for Business and Programs (ACBSP) Accreditation*
In January, South University announced our accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs for the following online programs:
• Bachelor of Business Administration
• Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
• Master of Business Administration
• MBA in Healthcare Administration
New Doctor of Ministry Degree Program Launched
This past August, South University, Online Programs proudly announced the arrival of our second doctoral program ─ the Doctor of Ministry (DMin) degree program. Our new 96-credit program is designed to help students deepen their understanding of the nature and purpose of ministry, strengthen their ministry skills and develop an enhanced spiritual maturity.
iGrad Introduced to Help Manage Financial Literacy Needs
In April, South University launched iGrad, a personalized financial literacy site to help students understand financial aid and better manage their finances.
South University Recognized for Military Friendly Practices in Education
South University is proud to have been named to the 2015 Military Friendly® schools list by Victory Media ─ publisher of G.I. Jobs, Military Spouse, and Vetrepreneur® magazines. South University was also designated a Top School in the 2015 Military Advanced Education (MAE) Guide to Colleges & Universities. Read about these honors here.
Online Library Received a Makeover
You asked for a improved online library and South University listened! Our online library received a major overhaul making it sleeker, more user-friendly and much more organized.
$1000 Scholarships Awarded to 8 Students
This year, two students received the 2014 Emerging Nurses of South University Scholarship, two students received National Technical Honor Society Scholarships, and four students received the 2014 Path to Graduation Scholarship. Shannon Lester, a student pursuing an Associate of Science in Information Technology said, “This scholarship is so important for me to receive as it could be the defining moment that gets me to the finish line in achieving my degree.”
National Nurses Week and National Nurse Practitioner Week Celebrated
During these important weeks, we featured a few of our inspiring students and graduates!
• Kim Herbert, who graduated in 2012 with a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree, is now working as a Nurse Manager for UT Physicians Urology ─ a clinic affiliated with The University of Texas Medical School. She shares her heartfelt story of how the commitment of our faculty helped her to succeed. Hear from Kim.
• Brady Aderholt, a student currently earning his MSN degree, discusses how he balances work, family life and school. Read Brady’s account of how the support of the South University staff “is like having Siri on your iPhone.”
• Jennifer Bradley, a student pursuing her Master of Science in Nursing with a Family Nurse Practitioner specialization, details her experience with online learning. Learn how she has benefitted from the support of South University staff, instructors and peers.
Congratulations Sent to the Class of 2014
We’re proud to announce that more than 3,400 students graduated at 11 graduation ceremonies this summer. We’re so proud of each and every one of our graduates ─ best of luck to the Class of 2014!
*The following business programs at South University, Online the Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Business Administration with a specialization in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management, Master of Business Administration, Accelerated Master of Business Administration, Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Administration and Accelerated Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs ([ACBSP] 11520 West 119th Street; Overland Park, KS 66213; 913-339-9356; www.acbsp.org).
Other programs in the College of Business are excluded from ACBSP’s scope of accreditation. These programs include: Associate of Science in Accounting, Associate of Science in Business Administration, Association of Science in Information Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Master of Public Administration, Master of Science in Accounting, Master of Science in Information Systems and Technology, Master of Science in Leadership and Doctor of Business Administration.