Master of Business Administration
The Master of Business Administration degree at South University can further your knowledge in economics, decision-making, behavioral sciences, and business strategy. Offered in our new Online + On Campus learning format, you will have the opportunity to learn alongside your peers while still meeting the demands you face as a professional. The first week of the quarter is spent in the classroom, getting to know classmates and faculty, followed by an alternating schedule of one week online and one week on campus.
As an MBA student, you will examine diverse business models and study ethical and global perspectives in long- and short-term decision-making. Beyond that, you will have the opportunity to learn how to influence others using leadership, communication, and management best practices. Our new way of learning offers an educational experience that adds value to the career you have already created, surrounding you with like-minded professionals who also wish to thrive academically and professionally.
Admissions Criteria for the Master of Business Administration are as follows:
Prospective students are required to submit the following:
- Application form
- Official transcripts for bachelor or graduate degree granting institution. (All credentials earned outside the United States must be evaluated by a NACES or AICE-member credential evaluation service). Please speak with an admissions representative for more information.
Specific requirements for admission to classified graduate status are:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Completion of application for admission.
- A 2.7 overall grade point average or higher on completed requirements for the baccalaureate degree, or, an earned graduate degree from an accredited institution with a CGPA of 3.0 or higher.
Applicants with an undergraduate degree CGPA of less than a 2.7, but not lower than a 2.3, or a graduate degree CGPA of less than 3.0, but not lower than a 2.7, will be considered for provisional admission. Students who do not attain a 3.0 GPA in the first quarter will be dismissed. Students cannot appeal the dismissal from the university as a result of failure to meet the conditions of provisional admission.
Offered at Austin, Columbia, Montgomery, Online Programs, Richmond, Tampa, Virginia Beach and West Palm Beach.
Note: Not all Online Program offerings are available to residents of all U.S. states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
The South University Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program is designed to provide students with a process based curriculum versus the standard functional based curriculum. The foundation provides a firm grounding in economics, decision-making, behavioral sciences, and strategic environment. The core presents a functional approach to the long and short run decisions that must be made to deliver goods and services to constituents.
The Master of Business Administration program is delivered in two modalities: fully online and blended. Students enrolled in the blended modality meet face-to-face in the classroom and asynchronously online on alternating weeks over the 11-week quarter. South University recommends that each graduate business student have a laptop computer. Laptop computers are needed for the multi-media classroom, business research and electronic communication.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ethical perspective as they assess decision-making processes, conflict, and other key macro and micro characteristics of organizations in diverse, global environments.
- Influence individuals and organizations through the application of effective leadership and teamwork skills.
- Apply effective communication skills in influencing others. They will create sustained, coherent arguments or explanations and reflections in their work.
- Use critical thinking as they examine both qualitative and quantitative data, then synthesize and evaluate the information for use in problem recognition and problem solving.
- Determine the information needed, assess the needed information, evaluate information and its sources critically, use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose, and access and use information ethically and legally.
Latest News and Blogs
Sep 10, 2021
Alumni Spotlight: Bachelor of Business Administration
See why Yulan Grant decided to pursue not one but two business degrees at South University and why online learning was the right choice for her life.
Jun 16, 2021
Join South University in Celebrating the Class of 2021
This Saturday, June 19, at 12:00 PM ET, South University celebrates the Class of 2021 and Class of 2020 with a live virtual graduation event! Join us as we celebrate this milestone in our graduates’ lives.
Jun 02, 2021
South University’s Online Programs Student Ambassadors: A Year In Review
Qualified students in South University’s online programs have the opportunity to become student ambassadors to support their peers and offer valuable insight to the university about the student experience. Check out what this year’s group have to say about their experience!
May 28, 2021
10 Tips to Help You Transition from the Military to College
South University is proud to support veterans in their pursuit of higher education! Follow these helpful tips to ease your the transition from military service to college today.
Fill out the form and a representative will contact you today to better understand your academic goals plus answer any questions you may have.
Campuses offer flexible learning formats including:
on-campus, virtual instructions and online courses.
Success! Your request was submitted. We'll be in touch soon!
In the meantime, you can view some of our FAQs
If you want to talk to an admissions representative ASAP, please contact us at 1-888-444-3404
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our business and technology alumni and the difference they make.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
The following business programs at South University, Columbia, the Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management, Master of Business Administration and Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs ([ACBSP] 11520 West 119th Street; Overland Park, KS 66213; 913-339-9356; www.acbsp.org).