For Immediate Release
May 1, 2020 – Savannah, GA – South University announced today that for the first time, South University will offer a new Coastal Empire Grant for all eligible graduates to receive help with tuition to make higher education more accessible right here in Savannah.
South University has been in Savannah for over 120 years, we take our goal seriously to continue to be a good local partner and to support our school systems and students on the pathway to graduation.
“It is important now more than ever that we think about how to make the transition from high school to higher education as smooth as we can,” shared Valarie Trimarchi, President of South University in Savannah. “The Coastal Empire is a fabulous area to stay, learn, work and grow. It just makes sense to invest in your future.”
To qualify for the Coastal Empire South University Grant, for the Fall 2020 term start, you must be a:
- Chatham, Bryan, Liberty or Effingham County high school graduate
- First-time college student (No prior post-high school college enrollment or credits) (high school dual-enrollment students are eligible)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 at high school graduation*
Eligible Students for the grant tuition and fees would receive:
- $1,745 per quarter if you pursue a bachelor’s degree in:
◦ Business Administration (BBA) or Psychology (BA)
◦ Healthcare Management (BS) or Public Health (BS)
◦ Information Technology (BS) or Criminal Justice (BS)
- $1,676 per quarter in the Medical Assisting Associate of Science degree program
- $1,408 per quarter in the Physical Therapist Assistant Associate of Science degree program
Discover an extensive program offering in areas like business, nursing, healthcare and more, along with flexible learning options including evening, weekend and online courses. Learn and grow in a welcoming environment with supportive faculty and staff who provide one-on-one attention and mentorship from enrollment through to graduation. Our goal is to help you to build practical, in-demand skills for pursuing and growing your career.
Get started today, call us at (912) 201-8800 or visit us online at www.SouthUniversity.edu/Savannah
*to maintain eligibility for the Coastal Empire Grant additional measures are required and will be outlined by the student’s Academic Counselor.