Master of Business Administration
South University’s 12-course online MBA program will give you a firm grounding in economics, decision-making, behavioral sciences, and business strategy - all areas that will be imperative to your professional success. As an online MBA student, you’ll examine diverse business models and study ethical and global perspectives in long- and short-term decision-making. Beyond that, you’ll have the opportunity to learn how to influence others using leadership, communication, and management best practices. The dedicated faculty leading your interactive online MBA courses will push you to build competencies in business analysis, critical thinking, systems thinking, change management, and more.
By the end of the program, you can have a well-rounded understanding of what it takes to efficiently manage the delivery of goods and services while satisfying customers and organizational stakeholders. This online MBA is designed to take as few as 16 months to complete.
Admissions Criteria for the Master of Business Administration are as follows:
Prospective students are required to submit the following:
- Application form
- Official transcripts for bachelor or graduate degree granting institution. (All credentials earned outside the United States must be evaluated by a NACES or AICE-member credential evaluation service). Please speak with an admissions representative for more information.
Specific requirements for admission to classified graduate status are:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Completion of application for admission.
- A 2.7 overall grade point average or higher on completed requirements for the baccalaureate degree, or, an earned graduate degree from an accredited institution with a CGPA of 3.0 or higher.
Applicants with an undergraduate degree CGPA of less than a 2.7, but not lower than a 2.3, or a graduate degree CGPA of less than 3.0, but not lower than a 2.7, will be considered for provisional admission. Students who do not attain a 3.0 GPA in the first quarter will be dismissed. Students cannot appeal the dismissal from the university as a result of failure to meet the conditions of provisional admission.
*South University, Online Program Offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
After completing South University’s online Master of Business Administration program, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an ethical perspective as you assess decision-making processes, conflict, and other key macro and micro characteristics of organizations in diverse, global environments.
- Influence individuals and organizations using effective leadership and teamwork skills.
- Create sustained, coherent and persuasive arguments, explanations, and reflections.
- Critically examine both qualitative and quantitative data, then synthesize and evaluate the information to recognize and solve problems.
- Determine and assess the information needed, evaluate information and its sources, use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose, and access and use information ethically and legally.
Haven’t experienced online learning before or wondering what it’s like to earn your degree online at South University? While the mode of learning is different from the traditional classroom experience with added convenience and flexibility, we hold the same high standards of academic excellence in the online classroom.
South University’s online programs combine a curriculum designed for student outcomes and a classroom designed for flexibility and engagement. Our online classroom learning platform, Brightspace, provides you with a host of features to enhance your learning experience, including:
- Advanced media content
- Personalized navigation
- Simplified online learning atmosphere
- Access to digital books
- Emailing and instant messaging options
We provide more than just an online classroom, bringing a range of campus experiences and services online. In addition, the online classroom is accessible on the go via mobile devices and with tools like the Pulse App. Pulse helps you stay connected and on track with your course by providing a number of features such as course calendars, readings and assignments, feedback and grades, and announcements.
Read more about online requirements here.
Learn More About the South University Program That's Right For You.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our business and technology alumni and the difference they make.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
The following business programs at South University, Online Programs, the Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management, Master of Business Administration and Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs ([ACBSP] 11520 West 119th Street; Overland Park, KS 66213; 913-339-9356; www.acbsp.org).