Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at South University Orlando learning Site is designed to provide students with a solid educational foundation that prepares individuals for entry into the nursing profession. The BSN degree program is designed for the non-registered nurse student. Students may complete prerequisite courses in as few as six quarters and then apply for admission to the nursing program, which is taught over seven quarters. The program allows highly motivated full-time students to complete the program of study in nursing in a concentrated period of time.
The BSN graduate will be able to incorporate the concepts of caring, communication, critical thinking, professionalism, and holism to provide care for individuals, families and communities. The comprehensive theoretical and clinical practice components aim to allow. After successful completion of the nursing program, the graduate must pass the National Council Licensure Examination Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN) in order to obtain licensure and begin practice as a registered nurse.*
Please read the full disclosure regarding the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, programmatic accreditation, and military benefits.
*South University does not guarantee third-party certification/licensure. Outside agencies control the requirements for taking and passing certification/licensing exams and are subject to change without notice to South University.
Graduates of South University's Bachelor of Science in Nursing program are prepared to seek employment in
- Private physician and counseling practices
- Nursing facilities
- Community clinics and agencies
- Research organizations
FacultyAcademic Program Director Associate Professor
Pamela Wright, D.N.P. Walden University, M.S.N. Walden University, B.S.N. University of Phoenix
Clinical Coordinator Instructor
Melissa Gainey, J.D. Barry University, M.S.N. University of Phoenix, B.S.N. University of Central Florida
Jeffrey Tabor, M.S.N. Walden University, B.S.N. Valdosta State University
Bridget Smith, D.N.P., M.S.N., B.S.N., University of Southern Mississippi
Dorris Parrish, Ph.D. University of Texas at Austin, M.S.N. The Sage Colleges, B.S.N. Plattsburgh State University of New York
Irene Gan, D.N.P. Chamberlain University, M.S.N. Villanova University, B.S.N., Beijing University
Graduates should be able to:
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing, the physical and social sciences, arts, and humanities in the practice of professional nursing practice.
- Apply critical thinking skills in establishing priorities, delegating responsibility, formulating decisions, and maintaining accountability in the practice of professional nursing through the application of nursing standards.
- Integrate care and concern for humanity, with scholarly research and systematic inquiry to deliver evidenced based, comprehensive, and holistic nursing care which promotes health and quality of life.
- Utilize informatics and technology to adapt to the challenges of nursing practice of today and the future.
- Demonstrate professionalism by advocating for legal, ethical, financial and political issues involving healthcare.
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively within nursing and other healthcare disciplines to empower patients experiencing health challenges through education and promotion of health and well-being.
- Utilize the nursing process to collaborate with consumers and other health professionals to initiate improvements in healthcare and promote health and well-being in persons, families and communities.
- Demonstrate a self-awareness of and commitment to excellence in nursing practice through the pursuit of community, educational, and organizational opportunities to enhance personal and professional growth.
- Provide holistic caring to diverse patient populations, across the lifespan in a variety of settings with technical proficiency that integrates foundational, discipline-specific and interdisciplinary knowledge essential for professional practice.
Learn More About the South University Program That's Right For You.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our nursing alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our nursing graduates have to say.