Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
The Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management degree program at South University West Palm Beach is based on the premise that successful healthcare managers need to have strong business skills. This program is designed to provide students with the necessary foundation to seek entry-level employment in the healthcare services industry. The foundation of management theory and business course skills affords students the opportunity to use the analytic approaches in their healthcare management courses that can be transferred into the healthcare services environment. The BS in Healthcare Management program equips you with the skills you need to propel your career forward and keep up with this changing field with a combination of business and healthcare courses as well as management training.
Prepare for Your Healthcare Career
Admission RequirementsPlease see the South University academic catalog for program specific admissions requirements.
Graduates of the BS in Healthcare Management degree program are prepared to handle the responsibilities of entry-level healthcare management positions at:
- nursing homes
- ambulatory care facilities
- physician practices
- insurance organizations
- health-related research and development firms
- pharmaceutical and medical equipment companies
(must be taken concurrently with)
(must be taken concurrently with)
*If a BS Healthcare Management student chooses to take an Anatomy and Physiology course, onlyand satisfy the Natural Sciences requirement. Students enrolling in either course must, however, also take the related co-requisite lab courses: and respectively. Students electing this option for their Natural Sciences requirement will complete up to 184 credit hours of work for their degree, depending on their exact choice.
Transfer students may transfer any course to help fulfill the elective pool requirements, provided the course meets the standards of the Credit for Transcripted and Non-transcripted Work policy found in the Academic Affairs section of this catalog.
Non-transfer students, with their advisor's consultation and approval may choose courses from any department recommended and listed course or more broadly from any course offered by South University. Work from other fields must include any required prerequisite courses in the elective field.
A course can be used to meet only one requirement in Area I, Area II, or Area III, but not simultaneously in two areas. Students should work with their academic advisor or counselor to be sure they are making appropriate course choices.
** Requires a prerequisite that may or may not satisfy Area I. If not, then prerequisite must be selected as an elective.
South University, Online Program offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
Graduates will be able to:
- Analyze real world business problems in healthcare organizations understanding the framework in which healthcare services are produced, coordinated, consumed, and reimbursed.
- Integrate human resource, marketing, finance, and information management skills into the analysis for healthcare settings.
- Develop ethical and professional solutions for healthcare business challenges.
- Analyze contemporary strategic planning and decision-making in healthcare to assess alternative management solutions in healthcare related problems and challenges.
- Evaluate critical issues in acute and long-term care environments from the perspectives of the healthcare stakeholders.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make an impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our healthcare graduates have to say.