Nurse Educator Post Graduate Certificate
If you’re ready for a change, take the first step toward a fulfilling career mentoring and educating nurses with South University’s Online Nurse Educator Post Graduate Certificate program. The online program is designed for those who already hold a master’s degree in nursing and can be completed in as little as 10 months. This online nurse educator program helps you prepare for a career in a clinical or academic setting doing your part to strengthen the ever-important nursing workforce.
This certificate program provides coursework that focuses on curriculum development, teaching strategies, and evaluation techniques as well as practicum courses. Under the guidance of an approved preceptor, you’ll gain relevant experience in clinical and academic settings so you can enter into your chosen path with confidence.
Procedure for Admission to the Post Graduate Certificate Programs**
** South University, Online Program offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
Consistent with the requirement for admission to the MSN program, the requirements for admission to the Post Graduate Certificate programs are as follows:
- Completion of the application for admission.
- An official transcript documenting the award of a master's degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program with a GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Submission of official transcripts from every college or university attended within 10 weeks after the initial start date.
- A valid and unencumbered license as a registered nurse in all US states or territory in which the student is licensed, including the state in which the student completes all assignments for the program. (Note that military, federal, and foreign educated nurses must meet this state requirement for nursing licensure). Note: An unencumbered license(s) must be maintained throughout the program.
- Submission of the following:
- Three references using the Nursing Graduate School Appraisal Form. At least one of your references should hold a master's degree in Nursing.
- A resume describing relevant work, professional, and volunteer experiences.
Once all required admissions documents and information are submitted, the application will be reviewed and evaluated for an admission decision.
Additional Admission Requirements for Post-Graduate Certificate Family Nurse Practitioner or Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Programs**
Applicants are required to show evidence of the following:
- Master of Science in Nursing degree or higher from a CCNE/ACEN (formerly NLNAC) or CNEA nursing program
- The accredited MSN program includes separate courses in advanced pathophysiology, advanced health assessment and advanced pharmacology. Note: Applicants, whose MSN program, did not require these courses must take them as part of the PGC program of study.
- Applicants with previous Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) specialization must show evidence of:
- Unencumbered licensure to practice as an APRN
- National certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Admitted applicants may not substitute previous specialty didactic and clinical coursework for the new specialization.
- Admitted applicants will be required to complete all the specialty didactic and clinical experiences in the new specialization program.
*South University, Online Program offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
Upon completion of the Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a Specialization in Nurse Educator, students should be able to:
- Instructional Method Design: Create a variety of successful instructional methods to meet the needs of targeted learner populations.
- Curriculum, Pedagogy, and Evaluation Strategies: Develop plans of study in nursing education based on appropriate curricular principles, pedagogical principles and strategies, and learning assessment strategies.
- Clinical Expertise: Apply appropriate clinical expertise when conducting educational experiences.
Haven’t experienced online learning before or wondering what it’s like to earn your degree online at South University? While the mode of learning is different from the traditional classroom experience with added convenience and flexibility, we hold the same high standards of academic excellence in the online classroom.
South University’s online programs combine a curriculum designed for student outcomes and a classroom designed for flexibility and engagement. Our online classroom learning platform, Brightspace, provides you with a host of features to enhance your learning experience, including:
- Advanced media content
- Personalized navigation
- Simplified online learning atmosphere
- Access to digital books
- Emailing and instant messaging options
We provide more than just an online classroom, bringing a range of campus experiences and services online. In addition, the online classroom is accessible on the go via mobile devices and with tools like the Pulse App. Pulse helps you stay connected and on track with your course by providing a number of features such as course calendars, readings and assignments, feedback and grades, and announcements.
Read more about online requirements here.
Learn More About the South University Program That's Right For You.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our nursing alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our graduates have to say.