Nursing RN to BSN
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Build on your RN knowledge and experience to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) in the most efficient way possible with South University’s RN to BSN, online degree completion program.
The online RN to BSN program can help you to grow your healthcare delivery skills and prepare you to unlock new employment opportunities in hospitals, private practices, military service, nursing facilities, community clinics and agencies, research organizations, and more. Throughout your RN to BSN courses, you’ll have the opportunity to learn leadership and management skills that you can apply throughout your nursing career. You’ll also explore topics like nursing research, community health, physical assessment, legal and ethical issues in nursing, and illness and disease management across healthcare settings.
The criteria used to determine admission to the RN to BSN degree program include:
- Completion of the application for admission.
- An associate's degree in nursing from an accredited collegiate institution, or a diploma in nursing from an accredited institution, with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Submission of official transcripts from every college or university attended within 10 weeks after the initial start date.
- A valid and unencumbered license as a registered nurse in all US states or territory in which the studentis licensed, including the state in which the student completes all assignments for the program. (Note that military, federal, and foreign educated nurses must meet this state requirement for nursing licensure). Note: An unencumbered license(s) must be maintained throughout the program.
- Meet the Core Performance Standards and essential function related to the profession of nursing as described in this catalog.
- All general education prerequisites must be completed before the student takes any professional nursing courses beyond the 3000 level.
Provisional admission may be granted for an overall GPA of 2.0 to 2.49 on a 4.0 scale. Final admission requires the completion of the first four courses with a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale in those four courses. Failure to meet requirements of provisional admission will result in rescinding the provisional admission status. There is no appeal for rescinding provisional status.
Notes: For campus-based students, a meeting with the Program Director or nursing designated faculty is required upon admission to the program.
** South University, Online Program offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
A transcript evaluation is completed for each student to transfer in up to 90 general education credits. For students to receive block transfer credit for General Education courses, they must meet the standard outlined in the General Education Transfer Credit policy.
(must be taken concurrently with BIO1012 Anatomy and Physiology I Lab)
(must be taken concurrently with BIO1014 Anatomy and Physiology II Lab)
(must be taken concurrently with BIO2071 or BIO2073)
(required for BSN; RN to BSN students ONLY can take either)
South University, Online Program Offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
As a graduate of our online RN to BSN program, you’ll be armed with the skills and knowledge to:
- Strategically establish priorities, delegate responsibility, and formulate decisions.
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively in nursing and other healthcare disciplines.
- Provide comprehensive holistic care to persons, families, and communities in any healthcare setting.
- Collaborate with other health professionals and consumers to improve healthcare and promote health.
- Model professional behavior by accepting accountability for individual nursing practice, and for commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Advocate for legal, ethical, financial, and political issues involving healthcare.
Haven’t experienced online learning before or wondering what it’s like to earn your degree online at South University? While the mode of learning is different from the traditional classroom experience with added convenience and flexibility, we hold the same high standards of academic excellence in the online classroom.
South University’s online programs combine a curriculum designed for student outcomes and a classroom designed for flexibility and engagement. Our online classroom learning platform, Brightspace, provides you with a host of features to enhance your learning experience, including:
- Advanced media content
- Personalized navigation
- Simplified online learning atmosphere
- Access to digital books
- Emailing and instant messaging options
We provide more than just an online classroom, bringing a range of campus experiences and services online. In addition, the online classroom is accessible on the go via mobile devices and with tools like the Pulse App. Pulse helps you stay connected and on track with your course by providing a number of features such as course calendars, readings and assignments, feedback and grades, and announcements.
Read more about online requirements here.
Learn More About the South University Program That's Right For You.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our nursing alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our graduates have to say.