Master of Science in Information Systems
While earning your master’s degree in Information Systems, your classes will cover key technology areas like information systems in converged networks, modern software development methodologies, business intelligence, governance, information security, and emerging technologies. Your courses will also emphasize program management, organizational communication, and strategic thinking, helping you master the principles and practices required to effectively solve real business problems amidst an ever-changing digital world.
Help Your Organization Excel in the Information Age
South University, Online Program offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
Admission RequirementsPlease see the South University academic catalog for program specific admissions requirements.
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Information Systems degree program, graduates should be able to demonstrate skills including:
- Understand how information systems impact businesses operations and decision making, and demonstrate an ability to design, develop, analyze, and modify information systems to meet specific business needs.
- Communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, an understanding of methodologies to identify, assess, and implement information systems.
- Demonstrate discipline-specific knowledge in the following areas: business intelligence, data management, information systems management, information security and risk management, and project management.
South University's master's degree in Information Systems can prepare you for a career in, or advancement within, a wide range of positions, including:
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Computer and Information Research Scientists
- Software Developers, Systems Software
- Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers
- Web Administrators
- Geospatial Information Scientists and Technologists
- Geographic Information Systems Technicians
- Database Architects
- Data Warehousing Specialists
- Business Intelligence Analysts
- Search Marketing Strategists
- Document Management Specialists
Haven’t experienced online learning before or wondering what it’s like to earn your degree online at South University? While the mode of learning is different from the traditional classroom experience with added convenience and flexibility, we hold the same high standards of academic excellence in the online classroom.
South University’s online programs combine a curriculum designed for student outcomes and a classroom designed for flexibility and engagement. Our online classroom learning platform, Brightspace, provides you with a host of features to enhance your learning experience, including:
- Advanced media content
- Personalized navigation
- Simplified online learning atmosphere
- Access to digital books
- Emailing and instant messaging options
We provide more than just an online classroom, bringing a range of campus experiences and services online. In addition, the online classroom is accessible on the go via mobile devices and with tools like the Pulse App. Pulse helps you stay connected and on track with your course by providing a number of features such as course calendars, readings and assignments, feedback and grades, and announcements.
Read more about online requirements here.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our business and technology alumni and the difference they make.