RN to Master of Science in Nursing in Nurse Administrator
While earning a master’s with a Specialization in Nurse Administrator, you can develop knowledge and skills needed for designing healthcare systems, making policy and financial decisions, promoting patient safety and quality care, and incorporating contemporary technology, practice, and ethics into healthcare.
Take the Next Step in Your Nursing Career
RN to Master of Science in Nursing
Specialization in Nurse Administrator: 28 Credits for Specialization, 219 Total Credits for Program
Admission RequirementsPlease see the South University academic catalog for program specific admissions requirements.
Upon completing this particular online Master’s with a Specialization in Nurse Administrator program, you should be prepared to:
- Apply concepts and theories of organizational management and nursing administration to the design of complex healthcare delivery systems.
- Incorporate technology, contemporary practice, ethics, and professional standards into the ongoing delivery of healthcare.
- Integrate concepts of health policy, regulation, and financing to the organization of healthcare delivery, with a focus on parsimonious and responsible use of resources.
- Lead efforts in designing innovative patient safety and quality improvement efforts and effective evaluation of nursing outcome measures.
- Employ evidence-based practice in the care of patients with chronic and/or acute illnesses across the lifespan, or in structuring nursing interventions to promote health.
- Facilitate the professional development and socialization of diverse nurse populations.
- Function as change agents and leaders in healthcare settings domestically and abroad.
- Contribute to the development of the science of nursing by engaging in scholarly activities and by promoting the translation of nursing science into patient care outcomes.
Career OutlookThis online MSN with a Specialization in Nurse Administrator program is ideal for RNs who wish to pursue leadership roles such as a Director of Nursing, or Nurse Manager.
Haven’t experienced online learning before or wondering what it’s like to earn your degree online at South University? While the mode of learning is different from the traditional classroom experience with added convenience and flexibility, we hold the same high standards of academic excellence in the online classroom.
South University’s online programs combine a curriculum designed for student outcomes and a classroom designed for flexibility and engagement. Our online classroom learning platform, Brightspace, provides you with a host of features to enhance your learning experience, including:
- Advanced media content
- Personalized navigation
- Simplified online learning atmosphere
- Access to digital books
- Emailing and instant messaging options
We provide more than just an online classroom, bringing a range of campus experiences and services online. In addition, the online classroom is accessible on the go via mobile devices and with tools like the Pulse App. Pulse helps you stay connected and on track with your course by providing a number of features such as course calendars, readings and assignments, feedback and grades, and announcements.
Read more about online requirements here.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our nursing alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our graduates have to say.