Master of Public Health
Master of Public Health
Prepare to Solve Real World Public Health Problems
Admission RequirementsPlease see the South University academic catalog for program specific admissions requirements.
South University, Online Program offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
Designed to be completed in as little as two years, South University’s MPH online program should prepare you to:
- Utilize public health concepts in biostatistics, epidemiology, social and behavioral sciences, health services administration, and environmental health.
- Identify and assess the public health of populations, including assets and deficiencies.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate public health programs and services.
- Employ an “ecological approach” to public health, with emphasis on the links and relationships among the multiple determinants of health, to assure conditions that promote the health of populations.
- Identify and analyze health disparities and design appropriate, culturally competent prevention and intervention strategies.
- Apply theory and knowledge in the field across key competency areas for public health professionals, including analytical assessment, policy development/program planning, financial planning and management, leadership and systems thinking, and more.
- Demonstrate skills in public health research and communication.
- Apply critical thinking skills to public health policy, practice, and research.
As a graduate of the MPH online degree program, you’ll be ready to pursue a variety of public health positions, including:
- Medical and Health Services Managers
- Health Educators
- Community Health Workers
Haven’t experienced online learning before or wondering what it’s like to earn your degree online at South University? While the mode of learning is different from the traditional classroom experience with added convenience and flexibility, we hold the same high standards of academic excellence in the online classroom.
South University’s online programs combine a curriculum designed for student outcomes and a classroom designed for flexibility and engagement. Our online classroom learning platform, Brightspace, provides you with a host of features to enhance your learning experience, including:
- Advanced media content
- Personalized navigation
- Simplified online learning atmosphere
- Access to digital books
- Emailing and instant messaging options
We provide more than just an online classroom, bringing a range of campus experiences and services online. In addition, the online classroom is accessible on the go via mobile devices and with tools like the Pulse App. Pulse helps you stay connected and on track with your course by providing a number of features such as course calendars, readings and assignments, feedback and grades, and announcements.
Read more about online requirements here.
Learn More About the South University Program That's Right For You.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our nursing alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our graduates have to say.