Allied Health Science
Associate of Science in Allied Health Science
If you’re interested in a career in healthcare, this associate’s degree program can give you a solid foundation for achieving your professional goals. Our Associate of Science in Allied Health Sciences degree can be a springboard for a variety of higher degrees and health-focused professions where you can help members of your community get and stay healthy.
Every future healthcare professional needs a strong base of knowledge in the life and health sciences—no matter which allied health career path you plan to pursue. Our online allied health sciences associate’s degree program can provide you with exactly that: a background in general studies with an emphasis on life sciences and health.
(is the pre-req.)
Choose one additional Mathematics (MAT) course (4 credits) other thanor .
(must be taken concurrently with)
(must be taken concurrently with)
(must be taken concurrently withor )
(required for BSN; RN to BSN students ONLY can take either)
South University, Online Program Offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
Graduates should be able to:
- Utilize the principles and theories of the natural, social, behavioral, and health sciences to serve as competent and considerate healthcare professionals.
- Demonstrate effective and culturally sensitive written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with individuals, groups and peers in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Apply exemplary ethical and professional behaviors in various healthcare positions and organizations
- Apply creative and critical thinking skills to identify, explore, and develop alternative solutions for a range of healthcare delivery system issues and challenges.
- Effectively search, analyze and report on healthcare related data through the application of information technology and health management information systems.
Career OutlookAs an allied health professional, you may take on clinical or administrative workplace duties while working in a hospital, clinic, physician’s office, or other health care setting. After graduating, you may consider entering a nursing, healthcare management, physical therapist assisting, or medical assisting degree program.
Haven’t experienced online learning before or wondering what it’s like to earn your degree online at South University? While the mode of learning is different from the traditional classroom experience with added convenience and flexibility, we hold the same high standards of academic excellence in the online classroom.
South University’s online programs combine a curriculum designed for student outcomes and a classroom designed for flexibility and engagement. Our online classroom learning platform, Brightspace, provides you with a host of features to enhance your learning experience, including:
- Advanced media content
- Personalized navigation
- Simplified online learning atmosphere
- Access to digital books
- Emailing and instant messaging options
We provide more than just an online classroom, bringing a range of campus experiences and services online. In addition, the online classroom is accessible on the go via mobile devices and with tools like the Pulse App. Pulse helps you stay connected and on track with your course by providing a number of features such as course calendars, readings and assignments, feedback and grades, and announcements.
Read more about online requirements here.
Learn More About the South University Program That's Right For You.
We're committed to helping our graduates make an impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our healthcare graduates have to say.