RN to Master of Science in Nursing Informatics
At South University, the Online RN to Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with a Specialization in Nursing Informatics degree program can put you on a path to becoming a leader in nursing informatics. The MSN with a specialization in Nursing Informatics online program equips you to select, design, implement, and maintain informatics solutions for all areas of nursing - including providing direct care, conducting research, establishing administrative systems, designing decision support tools, and managing and delivering educational experiences. Completing this MSN with a specialization in Nursing Informatics program can prepare you to sit for the American Association of College of Nursing certification* exam.
*South University does not guarantee third-party certification/licensure. Outside agencies control the requirements for taking and passing certification/licensing exams and are subject to change without notice to South University.
Earn a MSN in One Streamlined Program
RN to Master of Science in Nursing
Specialization in Nursing Informatics: 28 Credits for Specialization, 219 Total Credits for Program
Admission RequirementsPlease see the South University academic catalog for program specific admissions requirements.
Upon completing this nursing informatics degree online, you should be able to:
- Evaluate information requirements for nursing practice.
- Use database management principles to collect and analyze comprehensive data, information, and knowledge pertinent to nursing practice.
- Use project management principles to develop and implement plans with strategies, alternatives, and recommendations to attain expected nursing informatics outcomes.
- Integrate current theories of technology implementation to influence identified plans, enhance the abilities of other professionals, and effect change in nursing practice.
- Analyze computer and information technologies for their application to nursing practice.
- Collaborate with professionals in related disciplines to develop informatics solutions to nursing problems.
- Develop strategies for introducing, modifying, and evaluating information systems for nursing practice.
Career OutlookAs a Nurse Informaticist, you may use these competencies in traditional healthcare organizations as well as for medical device vendors, software companies, disease management companies, and government agencies.
Haven’t experienced online learning before or wondering what it’s like to earn your degree online at South University? While the mode of learning is different from the traditional classroom experience with added convenience and flexibility, we hold the same high standards of academic excellence in the online classroom.
South University’s online programs combine a curriculum designed for student outcomes and a classroom designed for flexibility and engagement. Our online classroom learning platform, Brightspace, provides you with a host of features to enhance your learning experience, including:
- Advanced media content
- Personalized navigation
- Simplified online learning atmosphere
- Access to digital books
- Emailing and instant messaging options
We provide more than just an online classroom, bringing a range of campus experiences and services online. In addition, the online classroom is accessible on the go via mobile devices and with tools like the Pulse App. Pulse helps you stay connected and on track with your course by providing a number of features such as course calendars, readings and assignments, feedback and grades, and announcements.
Read more about online requirements here.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our nursing alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our graduates have to say.