Family Nurse Practitioner PGC
Family Nurse Practitioner Post Graduate Certificate
Providing direct advanced practice nursing services to patients across the lifespan takes specialized knowledge and highly tuned decision-making skills. At South University, the Family Nurse Practitioner Post Graduate Certificate program can prepare you with the expertise you need to provide care for individuals and families in your community.
This post graduate certificate program is designed for nurses who already hold a master’s degree that prepared them to practice in another advanced nursing role. The online Family Nurse Practitioner program’s curriculum can be completed in as little as 16 months.
Prepare for Your Primary Care Nursing Career
Admission RequirementsPlease see the South University academic catalog for program specific admissions requirements.
The Family Nurse Practitioner Post Graduate Certificate program prepares you to:
- Integrate specialty standards of advanced practice nursing to deliver culturally competent, quality health care services to individuals, families, populations, and systems.
- Exercise effective leadership, critical thinking, and communication skills to develop and implement advanced nursing practice services in Primary Care.
- Integrate professional nursing standards, values, and accountability into your role and development as an advanced practice nurse.
- Utilize information technology and an evidence-based research approach in the development of nursing knowledge and design of health care services for clients, populations, and systems.
- Ensure advanced levels of clinical judgment, systems thinking, and accountability to implement and evaluate evidence-based care for diverse individuals and populations.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our nursing alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our nursing graduates have to say.