Bachelor of Science in Accounting
With South University, you can prepare for entry-level positions in corporate and public accounting by earning your bachelor’s degree in Accounting online, from the comfort and convenience of your own home.
Your online Accounting degree program will start with general education courses that can provide a firm grounding for continued learning and growth throughout your future. From there, our program can allow you to build foundational business competencies in areas like business law, communications, finance, and management. With this knowledge, you can progress to specialized online accounting courses that cover accounting information systems, financial and cost accounting, cost management, federal taxation, internal auditing, and more.
To customize your degree, you can choose electives that align with your interests and that allow you to gain additional skills for your business and accounting career.
Choose two additional courses from the following:
Choose one additional course from the following:
Transfer students may transfer any course to help fulfill the elective pool requirements, provided the course meets the standards of the Credit for Transcripted and Non-transcripted Work policy found in the Academic Affairs section of this catalog.
Non-transfer students, with their advisor's consultation and approval may choose courses from any department recommended and listed course or more broadly from any course offered by South University. Work from other fields must include any required prerequisite courses in the elective field.
A course can be used to meet only one requirement in Area I, Area II, or Area III, but not simultaneously in two areas. Students should work with their academic advisor or counselor to be sure they are making appropriate course choices.
South University, Online Program Offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an awareness of how culture, society, ethics, law, politics, technology and economic principles provide a context for and affect the actions and decisions of business leaders and accounting professionals.
- Exhibit: expertise in accounting standards, financial statements, auditing functions, budgeting, and taxation; an ability to apply generally accepted accounting principles; and the practical skills to be effective in entry-level positions.
- Communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, their understanding of and solutions for common business problems.
- Apply quantitative analysis and critical thinking skills to analyze business problems within and across functional business disciplines to positively affect financial performance.
- Determine the extent of information needed, assess the needed information, evaluate information and its sources critically, use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose, and access and use information ethically and legally.
South University’s online programs combine a curriculum designed for student outcomes and a classroom designed for flexibility and engagement. Our online classroom learning platform, Brightspace, provides you with a host of features to enhance your learning experience, including:
- Advanced media content
- Personalized navigation
- Simplified online learning atmosphere
- Access to digital books
- Emailing and instant messaging options
We provide more than just an online classroom, bringing a range of campus experiences and services online. In addition, the online classroom is accessible on the go via mobile devices and with tools like the Pulse App. Pulse helps you stay connected and on track with your course by providing a number of features such as course calendars, readings and assignments, feedback and grades, and announcements.
Read more about online requirements here.
Learn More About the South University Program That's Right For You.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our business and technology alumni and the difference they make.