RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree Completion
The RN to Bachelor of Science degree completion program at South University Richmond is designed to enhance the professional knowledge and employment scope for the licensed registered nurse. Concepts of nursing research and community health are key components of the curriculum. These educational experiences are designed to prepare professional nurses for practice today and well into the future.
Potential students must be comfortable with technology, self-motivated, able to solve problems independently, have good organizational skills, good writing skills, and are prepared to invest time to their studies in both the on ground and online nursing programs. Forty-five credit hours of nursing credit will be accepted toward the BSN degree based upon graduation from an accredited school of nursing
For those who are not registered nurses, South University’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program will start you on the path to a rewarding nursing career.
Graduates of South University's Bachelor of Science in Nursing program are prepared to seek employment in
- Private physician and counseling practices
- Nursing facilities
- Community clinics and agencies
- Research organizations
A transcript evaluation is completed for each student to transfer in up to 90 general education credits. For students to receive block transfer credit for General Education courses, they must meet the standard outlined in the General Education Transfer Credit policy.
(must be taken concurrently with BIO1012 Anatomy and Physiology I Lab)
(must be taken concurrently with BIO1014 Anatomy and Physiology II Lab)
(must be taken concurrently with BIO2071 or BIO2073)
(required for BSN; RN to BSN students ONLY can take either)
South University, Online Program Offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
Graduates should be able to:
- Provide nursing care in a multitude of settings with technical proficiency that integrates foundational, discipline specific and interdisciplinary knowledge essential for professional practice.
- Integrate caring and concern for humanity with scientific knowledge to promote health and quality of life.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to adapt to the challenges of nursing practice of today and the future.
- Apply critical thinking skills in establishing priorities, delegating responsibility, and formulating decisions.
- Utilize the nursing process to promote health and well-being in persons, families and communities.
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively within nursing and other healthcare disciplines.
- Provide comprehensive holistic care to persons, families and communities in any healthcare setting.
- Collaborate with consumers and other health professionals to initiate improvements of healthcare and health promotion.
- Model professional behavior by accepting responsibility and accountability for individual nursing practice, and for commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Empower persons experiencing health challenges by providing education and promoting health and well-being.
- Demonstrate professionalism by advocating for legal, ethical, financial and political issues involving healthcare.
Learn More About the South University Program That's Right For You.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our nursing alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our nursing graduates have to say.