Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Administration
In this Online Master in Business Administration (MBA) in Healthcare Administration program, you’ll develop and have the opportunity to learn how to apply knowledge in financial management, law and ethics, marketing, human resources, health policy, and strategic planning to improve healthcare delivery systems. Through case studies, faculty-led discussions, and more, you’ll examine healthcare system organizational models, can learn impactful communication and leadership styles, and study best practices for long- and short-term decision-making. Plus, with all MBA in Healthcare Administration faculty holding doctoral degrees, you can trust that you’re learning from qualified instructors.
Designed around the recommendations of the Commission on Accreditation Healthcare Management Education (CAHME), our MBA in Healthcare Administration online program can be completed in as little as 16 months.
Admissions Criteria for the Master of Healthcare Administration are as follows:
Prospective students are required to submit the following:
- Application form
- Official transcripts for bachelor or graduate degree granting institution. (All credentials earned outside the United States must be evaluated by a NACES or AICE-member credential evaluation service). Please speak with an admissions representative for more information.
Specific requirements for admission to classified graduate status are:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Completion of application for admission.
- A 2.7 overall grade point average or higher on completed requirements for the baccalaureate degree, or, an earned graduate degree from an accredited institution with a CGPA of 3.0 or higher.
Applicants with an undergraduate degree CGPA of less than a 2.7, but not lower than a 2.3, or a graduate degree CGPA of less than 3.0, but not lower than a 2.7, will be considered for provisional admission. Students who do not attain a 3.0 GPA in the first quarter will be dismissed. Students cannot appeal the dismissal from the university as a result of failure to meet the conditions of provisional admission.
Choose three of the following:
South University, Online Program offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
After completing the MBA in Healthcare Administration program, you should be able to:
- Integrate and apply business and healthcare concepts specific to structures and governance, finance, and the delivery of healthcare within the US healthcare system.
- Evaluate and analyze the impact current healthcare policies may have on healthcare services.
- Display proficiency in critical thinking, information literacy skills and knowledge in healthcare specific research, problem-solving and case study analysis.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills, including appropriate computer skills for writing, research, and analytic papers.
The MBA Healthcare Administration program will prepare you for a management career in which you are planning, directing, and coordinating medical and health services. Healthcare administrators may work in a range of facilities, including:
- Federal, state, and county health programs
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Healthcare companies
- Medical laboratories
- Medical billing companies
- Health education and training companies
Haven’t experienced online learning before or wondering what it’s like to earn your degree online at South University? While the mode of learning is different from the traditional classroom experience with added convenience and flexibility, we hold the same high standards of academic excellence in the online classroom.
South University’s online programs combine a curriculum designed for student outcomes and a classroom designed for flexibility and engagement. Our online classroom learning platform, Brightspace, provides you with a host of features to enhance your learning experience, including:
- Advanced media content
- Personalized navigation
- Simplified online learning atmosphere
- Access to digital books
- Emailing and instant messaging options
We provide more than just an online classroom, bringing a range of campus experiences and services online. In addition, the online classroom is accessible on the go via mobile devices and with tools like the Pulse App. Pulse helps you stay connected and on track with your course by providing a number of features such as course calendars, readings and assignments, feedback and grades, and announcements.
Read more about online requirements here.
Learn More About the South University Program That's Right For You.
We're committed to helping our graduates make an impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our healthcare graduates have to say.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
The following business programs at South University, Online Programs, the Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management, Master of Business Administration and Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs ([ACBSP] 11520 West 119th Street; Overland Park, KS 66213; 913-339-9356; www.acbsp.org).