Family Nurse Practitioner
RN to Master of Science in Nursing in Family Nurse Practitioner
At South University, the RN to Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with a Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner online program can offer you a path to earning an MSN and prepare you to deliver community-based care for patients across their lifespan. In our RN to MSN with a Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner program, you’ll have the opportunity to learn best practices for providing preventive care, promoting positive health behaviors, and diagnosing and managing common health problems at all developmental stages. This program is also built to strengthen your clinical judgment, critical thinking, communication, and leadership abilities. Occasionally, students in our adult nurse practitioner and family nurse practitioner programs will share courses, exposing you to a greater variety of expert specialty faculty and encouraging cross-specialty collaborative relationships.
South University’s RN to MSN with a Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner program meet the Core Competencies for Family Nurse Practitioners outlined by the National Organization for Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF) and include key attributes from the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Master’s Essentials. After successfully completing the program, you may be eligible to sit for the certification* examinations available through national certifying bodies (ANCC; AANP).
*South University does not guarantee third-party certification/licensure. Outside agencies control the requirements for taking and passing certification/licensing exams and are subject to change without notice to South University.
Please see the South University academic catalog for program specific admissions requirements.
RN to Master of Science in Nursing
Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner: 42 Credits for Specialization, 233 Total Credits for Program
Students completing the Nurse Practitioner specialization demonstrate acquisition of the following competencies and proficiencies:
1. Integrate specialty standards of advanced practice nursing to deliver culturally competent, quality healthcare services to individuals, families, populations and systems.
2. Exercise effective leadership, critical thinking and communication skills in the development and implementation of advanced nursing practice services in primary care.
3. Integrate professional nursing standards, values and accountability into role and self development as an advanced practice nurse.
4. Utilize information technology and an evidence-based research approach in the development of nursing knowledge and design of healthcare services for clients, populations and systems.
5. Ensure advanced levels of clinical judgment, systems thinking, and accountability in the implementation and evaluation of evidenced based care to diverse individuals and populations.
Learn More About the South University Program That's Right For You.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our nursing alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our nursing graduates have to say.