Family Nurse Practitioner
RN to Master of Science in Nursing in Family Nurse Practitioner
Our RN to Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner degree program is designed to take your nursing skills further, preparing you with current healthcare and professional standards to treat patients and families throughout their lifespan. We put a strong emphasis on health promotion and the positive health behaviors for all developmental stages. This well-rounded education ensures you’re armed with the skill set you need to provide the best care possible to your patients.
Prepare for Your Primary Care Nursing Career
RN to Master of Science in Nursing
Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner: 42 Credits for Specialization, 233 Total Credits for Program
Please see the South University academic catalog for program specific admissions requirements.
Students completing the Nurse Practitioner specialization demonstrate acquisition of the following competencies and proficiencies:
1. Integrate specialty standards of advanced practice nursing to deliver culturally competent, quality healthcare services to individuals, families, populations and systems.
2. Exercise effective leadership, critical thinking and communication skills in the development and implementation of advanced nursing practice services in primary care.
3. Integrate professional nursing standards, values and accountability into role and self development as an advanced practice nurse.
4. Utilize information technology and an evidence-based research approach in the development of nursing knowledge and design of healthcare services for clients, populations and systems.
5. Ensure advanced levels of clinical judgment, systems thinking, and accountability in the implementation and evaluation of evidenced based care to diverse individuals and populations.
Outstanding Education for Remarkable Careers
We're committed to helping our graduates make impact in their professional and personal lives. We applaud our nursing alumni and the difference they make. Check out what some of our nursing graduates have to say.